Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

System recovery failure... Contact HP support

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion HPE h8-1234 Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Product: H2L72AAR

[personal information removed]

Hello, my PC will not recover using the built-in app.  Unfortunately, I misplaced the boot disk and I don't see how else I will be able to restore the factory defaults.  The system boots, brings me to the recovery application and then indicates the message to contact HP support.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

1 REPLY 1
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
135,244 124,134 20,738 31,828
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

HP no longer sells recovery media for that model series.

You have two options...

1. You may be able to order W7 recovery media from this vendor if they will mail the media to Canada...

Computer Surgeons - Windows 7 64 Bit Recovery Kit C4G69AV For HP Pavilion HPE Desktop PC Model Numbe...

2.  If you can still read all 25 characters of the W7 Home Premium product key on your PC's case, you can make your own plain W7 installation media by downloading the W7 Home Premium 64 bit ISO file from the link below...toward the bottom of the page.

Windows 7 Home Premium Free Download ISO 32 Bit 64 Bit (getintopc.com)

Use the Microsoft tool that I zipped up and attached below that you will need to transfer the ISO file to a DVD or USB flash drive so that it is bootable.

After W7 has completed installing, you can install the drivers and available software from your PC's support page...

HP Pavilion HPE h8-1234 Desktop PC Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation