Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP TouchSmart 610-1020za
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there, pls assist ASAP. The system had windows 10 home 64 bit and the only issue was that, it didn't have an anti-virus and there was a lot of junk softwares running. So I decided to backup all the data and reinstall a fresh copy of Windows. Now the issue I'm facing is that, the system shuts down automatically and it happens just few minutes, after the installation process has been completed.  Decided to re-install the factory installed OS, which is Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit and it works perfectly fine. Tried to check for new BIOS software on HP website and found that the one on, the system is up to date (The version is 6.09 Rev. A released May 2011). Also tried older versions of, Windows 10 but it couldn't make any difference. So I have ran out of ideas and PLS PLS PLS, assist ASAP as my Client needs, the system for production. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@AwesomeK27 

Wish I had good news for you -- but I don't!

When you did a fresh install of Win10, you blew away any HP drivers to replace them with generic drivers provided by MS.

You should try restarting in SAFE mode to see if that makes the PC more stable.  IF it does, then it's probably a driver issue and from what I can tell, HP does not make Win10 drivers for this model -- so I'm guessing it did NOT come with Win10 preloaded?

You could try reusing either the Win7 drivers or Win8 drivers in compatibility mode, but there's no guarantees those will work.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Many thanks Mr WAWood, let me try your suggestions and revert back to you ASAP. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.