AwesomeK27
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

System shuts down, after installing a fresh copy of Windows 10 Home 64bit

HP Recommended
HP TouchSmart 610-1020za
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there, pls assist ASAP. The system had windows 10 home 64 bit and the only issue was that, it didn't have an anti-virus and there was a lot of junk softwares running. So I decided to backup all the data and reinstall a fresh copy of Windows. Now the issue I'm facing is that, the system shuts down automatically and it happens just few minutes, after the installation process has been completed.  Decided to re-install the factory installed OS, which is Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit and it works perfectly fine. Tried to check for new BIOS software on HP website and found that the one on, the system is up to date (The version is 6.09 Rev. A released May 2011). Also tried older versions of, Windows 10 but it couldn't make any difference. So I have ran out of ideas and PLS PLS PLS, assist ASAP as my Client needs, the system for production. 

2 REPLIES 2
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,814 32,714 2,978 7,309
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@AwesomeK27 

Wish I had good news for you -- but I don't!

When you did a fresh install of Win10, you blew away any HP drivers to replace them with generic drivers provided by MS.

You should try restarting in SAFE mode to see if that makes the PC more stable.  IF it does, then it's probably a driver issue and from what I can tell, HP does not make Win10 drivers for this model -- so I'm guessing it did NOT come with Win10 preloaded?

You could try reusing either the Win7 drivers or Win8 drivers in compatibility mode, but there's no guarantees those will work.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
AwesomeK27
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Many thanks Mr WAWood, let me try your suggestions and revert back to you ASAP. 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation