Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you are having hardware issues with your computer, please, Click here for more information.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hello, when I am connected to a Teams meeting, it has ever happened to me that the computer screen stays black

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @thanksforall,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

Check if Teams for Web is working properly. Oftentimes, the bugs affecting the desktop app don’t affect the web app.

Close All Processes and Restart Teams

• Log out of your Teams account.
  • Launch the Task Manager and locate all Microsoft Teams processes running in the background.
  • Right-click on each process and select End task.

microsoft teams end task

• Close the Task Manager app and launch Teams again. Log in and check if the app window is still black.

Launch Teams Meeting in Outlook.

Launch Outlook on the web and click the New Teams Meeting button to join a new meeting. Many people used this workaround to bypass the black screen problem. Check if Teams works fine and then cancel joining that meeting.

teams meeting link outlook

Update Your Drivers.

Ensure your graphics drivers are up-to-date. Outdated drivers may cause all sorts of display issues, including the one we’re talking about in this guide.

• Launch the Device Manager and click on Display Adapters to expand the list.
  • Right-click on your GPU and select Update driver.

update display adapter driver

• Restart your computer and check if the black screen is still there.
  • If the issue persists, right-click again on your GPU driver and select Uninstall device. If the driver got corrupted, this should fix it.
  • Restart your computer and launch Teams again.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

^ Alden4
HP Support

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Hi @thanksforall,

We hope you’re doing great.  We just want to send a follow-up message to check how things are and whether if you still need our help. If you still do, we’re just a DM away.

Take care and have a good day. 

^ Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.