Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ENVY TE01-0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to transfer files between my Envy PC (brand new last week) and an iMac  using the iMac's Migration Assistant. I found the Envy's IP address and entered into the iMac's Migration Assistant but the operation failed, reporting the Envy was locked. The problem reportedly could be Window's Bitlock Disk Encryption.

I tried to get Bitlock's current status via the command prompt but got a message saying I needed to be an Administrator. I am the only user of this PC and my Account indicates that I an a (the) administrator.

How do I get out of this pickle?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@itma

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.

I would request you to reach out to our HP Smart Friend Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Smart Friend Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

• Note: Computers encrypted with BitLocker or BitLocker Automatic Device Encryption might require a recovery key after one of the following events:
  • Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06432394 to know more about BitLocker (Windows 10)

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

OK, Thank you.

HP Recommended

@itma

👍

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.