cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
riff_ghoul
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Trying to order recovery disks for my HP Beats Special Edition 23-n010 All-in-One Desktop PC

HP Recommended
HP Beats Special Edition 23-n010 All-in-One Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Left for vacation last week and when I returned home my computer said no boot device found, I believe my hard drive failed. I am trying to get my computer back and cannot recover via the hard drive, Ive tried everything but it wont read, (makes slow beeping noises) cannot run tests as they fail and cannot be recognized by any other computer ive tried.  I put a different laptop hd in the hp and it boots up windows from it, but its 32bit. so the computer itself is fine.  I have a new a new hard drive ordered but cannot find the recovery media for my computer via the site. I am the original owner and registered the computer when I purchased it, the warranty is expired, am I out of luck? Do I have to purchase a new copy of windows to get my computer back??

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Prométhée
Level 16
Level 16
4,803 4,737 528 2,068
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello
It shouldn't be necessary.
You can use the microsoft utility to create an installation DVD, the activation key must be entered in the bios, so no worries on this side, normally!

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows8ISO

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users:
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation