cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FedupNeil
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Two identical machines switch off and reboot numerous times but not at same time.

HP Recommended
HP Slimline260-a180na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We have two HP Slimline260-a180na and they were working well. They then started to randomly shut down and reboot at awkward times, half way through a critical  programme. This has been happening for months and we cannot get in touch with Car Phone Warehouse or HP for assistance. We have tried all sorts but to no avail. Help, please!

5 REPLIES 5
Prométhée
Level 16
Level 16
6,108 6,036 669 2,477
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello
what do you mean exactly ..
WHAT do you do when this happens?
If you are just on the internet, are you having this problem?
Does the problem occur when using particular software?

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

was this reply helpful , or just say "thank you " ?  Click on the yes button

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
FedupNeil
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,  There are 4 computers that our firm uses to do sales, accounts and internet sales, etc   Sometime in Feb the usual Microsoft updates were loaded during the night, I assume to all computers. When we  used the HP computers after that date they both started closing down/switching off and switching back on again. They only switched on and did not progress past the pretty landscape.

When it happened the first few times we restarted the accounts programmes and continued from where we were when it closed down. After a short time, no fixed time, the machine would switch off again and we would repeat the process. 

I contacted Microsoft and they worked with us by email and told us what to do on one of the computers, step by step. Apparently one update had not been successful. They helped us reload W 10 and said that had sorted the system and there should be no more problems . We have now started using our personal laptops. The strange thing is that the other two computers, not HP, are still working normally.

This happens when we are using the accounting software that we have used on all computers for a lot of years.  It has been updated as they have sent out new software and is still working on two of them. The only computers affected are the two HPs.

We do not use it on the internet only  I will try it on Thursday and see what happens. We have had people look at it and they all say they cannot find the problem.

Prométhée
Level 16
Level 16
6,108 6,036 669 2,477
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm not sure I understand everything ..
If you have problems with recent updates, you will need to deactivate them
Now I think the best for you would be to see this directly with a professional as it is about a business I can not help you I think
If I tell you something and it doesn't work a mistake is made, I wouldn't be responsible
And it would be more practical to have access to computers!

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
FedupNeil
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your help but both machines have been looked at by a firm and they cannot find anything wrong with either of them but it still happened whilst they had it ! Microsoft worked on one of them and reloaded W 10 and it still happened. Looks like its buy two new machines and NEVER, EVER BUY HEWLETT PACKARD AGAIN !

Anything you can suggest can only leave it in same condition or hopefully improve it.

Thanks again 

Prométhée
Level 16
Level 16
6,108 6,036 669 2,477
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It seems that these computers are not brand new

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Slimline-260-a100-Desktop-PC-series/12079697/document/c05366...

They probably have one of the early versions of windows 10 originally.
Do you know which version is installed exactly (1903 1909 2004)
To find out, type winver in search

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation