Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One - 24-r050na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I work for a school and we have been donated several of the above desktops. We're using them to replace some very old macs in our library. We have 13 and have managed to build 10. The final three are proving awkward. I have, so far, only looked deeply at one. We use SCCM to build our machines. The issue with the one I have looked at is that it always fails when trying to apply the OS with various errors that suggest the disk isn't formatted correctly. We use UEFI here and the 10 other machines have built with the same settings. 

I compared the BIOS of a working machine with this one and the non-working has an older version. One obvious difference between the two is that on the working machine the UEFI network boot options appear under the list for UEFI - absent on the non-worker. The machine will still boot to UEFI though if the settings are correct. I have tried to upgrade the bios but whatever USB stick I use, and whether I use legacy or UEFI, the machine will not boot so I am unable to update the BIOS

That's one issue. I also found this link:

https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-prodesk-400-g3-desktop-mini-pc/15287510/document/c06692694

Now I'm not 100% certain it's relevant to this machine but everything makes sense bar one thing. The paragraph that mentions the CLI client for RST suggests the file (RSTCLI64.EXE) is available in the softpaqs for the RST drivers. I have downloaded two of the driver paqs from the support page for this model and neither have that file with them, The version that matches the suggested win_pe drivers mentions Optane but definitely does not have that file.

This may be that this is not relevant to this model as we have managed to build ten without problems.

Any ideas? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.