Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
All-in-one 22 inch
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I had replaced the hard drive and now after I have put the screen back into place I can't get the computer to turn on. Power cable is plugged in.
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

I would think you have some type of connection problem if you were certain the HDD was the only problem.

Double check all connections on the system board.

No power at system startup now means you have complicated a HDD failure problem.

Regards

HP Recommended

I am not sure what having a complicated HDD failure problem is.  I thought I was doing everything ok.  Guess I really messed things up.

HP Recommended

Hi Jerry,

I am not saying you caused the problem.

I can only guess you may have complicated a HDD replacement procedure.

Now the PC cannot startup. 

Having this same startup symptom prior to replacing the HDD (which you did not state in your first post in this forum) may suggest you have a different problem.

I don't know if you created this problem when you installed a new HDD.

The startup problem could be caused by a different component if replacing the HDD did not fix the problem.

Regards

HP Recommended

I pulled the hard drive from a tower that I am not using thinking that all is good.  I know the hard drive is good, but now I can't get the all-in-one to start up.  I have checked all connections and everything is plugged in that should be.  I even tried putting the old hard drive back in and the end result is the same.  I am wondering if the switch could be part of the problem.  I don't know.  I am now baffled. Pro tech time I guess.

HP Recommended

Hi,

The possible faults could be the power switch, the power supply, motherboard failure or a component connection on the motherboard.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.