Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Compaq LE1904x
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good day to the community! I know something like this should be outdated but for some reason I kept getting this problem.

I tried to use my PC monitor with an HDMI to VGA adaptor to get my PS4  running, however I keep getting the message "Monitor Going to Sleep" and a black screen, it keeps flashing back every now and then.

How may I deal with this problem if ever? Hopefully I get a few answers soon. Thank you in advance ^^

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello
a simple adapter is probably not enough
Either you cannot use the ps4 with this monitor, because it is too old, the VGA port will not be suitable!
Either you need to find a special converter that supports console hdmi and vga!
Try to see on the PS support side what can be advised
The best I think will be to get a compatible monitor in order to get the most out of the console.

Nb, I can not find the model, but check if it has integrated audio, if not, no sound possible with it too!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thank you for answering ^^

One problem I have is I wasn't sure what year the HP Compaq LE1902x was made, i legit made a few searches here and there but I've not seen what year it was made.

Forgive me if I seem like I'm repeating myself, but the current adapter I have is HDMI to VGA, made me wonder if there was something missing, since I found a few adapters that have both power and audio as add-ons. I wonder if they're counted as special-type adapters.

Thank you again if you answer ^^

HP Recommended

https://support.hp.com/ie-en/document/c02891753

you did not give the right model
if it's this one, you don't have audio right?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.