Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0013w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I updated the BIOS a couple of weeks ago and have been getting constant blue screens ever since. It says VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE for the error message. I tried a recovery and set it to roll back to before the update, but the recovery failed. Next, I performed a basic reset, but it didn't help at all. Lastly, I decided to try a full restore, but it, too, didn't fix the problem. It made it worse. Now I can't get through the initial setup stage without my PC crashing and restarting, leaving me in a loop. I can't even access safe mode at this point. If anyone has any ideas on what to try next, it would be much appreciated, and thanks in advance. Hardware is an NVIDIA GeFORCE GTX 1050 2GB graphics card and Ryzen 5 2400G processor.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Rolling back the operating system is not going to fix an errant BIOS update, if this is the problem.

You may have system file corruption or a problem with a graphics driver.

So you are saying you cannot even start Windows now.

I would try connecting the monitor to the AMD onboard graphics to see if this helps. You may have to remove the 1050 from the motherboard to try this.

We can try to fix the possible Nvidia graphics driver problem if you can start Windows using onboard graphics.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.