cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guidelines
The HP Consumer Support Forum is a way for customers to help each other find answers, solve problems, and get the most out of their HP products.

Please review the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation before posting to this site. You must be registered and signed in to post. Sign in here

Helpful Advice: First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More   Returning Visitor? Learn Advanced Forum Tips
Highlighted
blownsi
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Updates to Windows 10 keep failing

Pavilion Power Desktop 580-137C
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Purchased my Ryzen 7 desktop refurbished early last year and I cloned a Sandisk 512 SSD in it.  The desktop worked fine for the first 6 months and then started failing to update Win10.  No matter which new update comes out it always gets to 45% and then fails installing and reverts to the previous (1703).  The current failure says the following:  Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803 x64 2019-05C - Error 0x80070002. 

I have tried the web's suggested manual install methods as well as using Windows update but both fail.  I have tried unplugging all USB devices, etc.  The only thing I can think of is either an issue with the Sandisk or the factory installed video card (RX550).  Looking for some advice.

2 REPLIES 2
Level 15
Level 15
17,959 17,904 1,670 3,936
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@blownsi 

Hello;
Allow me to welcome you to the HP Support Community!

I don't know what you've specifically tried but this article has some approaches you can consider:  

https://www.easeus.com/todo-backup-resource/solved-how-to-fix-error-code-0x80070002-in-windows-updat...

If those don't work, then you should consider using this tool to download and create Win10 install media: Windows 10 download

Once you have that, insert it into your PC (do NOT boot from it!!) find the folder containing the files, right-click on setup.exe and run it.  That will perform something known as a Repair-Install, which will Upgrade your Win10 but keep your data, settings, and apps.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
blownsi
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

The flash drive worked.  You were right, do not boot to it, simply right click on setup.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation