Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 23-b010
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need to up grade my processer to really run Win 10.   I also have 4 G mem in bank 0 and 2G in bank1, can I also replace and up memory.   thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@storman65 

You can't upgrade the processor because in this model, it is soldered to the motherboard.

Also, 4GB of memory is plenty to run Windows 10 -- you do not need to add more.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@storman65 

You can't upgrade the processor because in this model, it is soldered to the motherboard.

Also, 4GB of memory is plenty to run Windows 10 -- you do not need to add more.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

@WAWoodis correct in stating that the CPU cannot be upgraded, unfortunately.

BUT - In my personal opinion, it would probably be worth replacing the 2GB stick with either another 4GB or 8GB stick to give you a total of either 8GB or 12GB RAM. Also upgrade the HDD from a mechanical HDD to an SSD HDD. Doing both these things should improve the performance somewhat, but that CPU will still be a bottleneck as it's only a Dual Core 1.7GHz.

The extra RAM will assist in things like multiple chrome tabs, your GPU also shares system RAM, and some windows services will load into RAM as opposed to launch on demand or kept in page file.

HP Recommended

I was thinking of upping didn't know max  amount it would support. But it will still be a dog for win 10, wish I could go back to win8, oh well.

HP Recommended

From what I read I can't go back to win 8 either..  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.