Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavillion desktop 590-p0044 AMD radeon Vega 11
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello all,

I am wanting to upgrade my computer to be more relevant in playing modern pc games. Which graphics card and ram is compatible with the computer I currently own and can you provide me with a few recommended products? I am not a hardcore gamer and do not require top of the line products, but something that will allow me to enjoy some gaming. 

Thank you for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Cborrero That's quite an arsenal you've got on mind, those are mostly high performance games and you may be able to lower the resolution of the games to the lowest settings and play on Radeon™ RX 460 that requires a 400W PSU, that said, here's the list of your favorite games and their requirements:

• baldur's gate 3 - radeon r9 280x - 550 Watt PSU
  • greedfall - Radeon R7 360 2GB - 500 Watt PSU
  • outer worlds - amd radeon r9 290x - 550 - 600 Watt PSU

You can think about it and go to any local store to get one of these PSU's, happy gaming!

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Cborrero I see that you've got One PCIe x16 slot and the same could be utilized with a suitable graphics card, just check the specifications of your favorite game and depending on that, upgrade the graphics card, although, most graphics cards these days need a powerful PSU (power supply unit) as well, hence you may need to upgrade them both, if you need to play high performance games.

Perhaps, you can tell me what game you've got in mind and I can help you accordingly.

For more details on upgrading the device, check your motherboard & product specifications using the hyperlinks.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Riddle_Decipher Thank you for the timely response! The game(s) I have in mind are typically CRPG/RPG games - upcoming games being The OuterWorlds, GreedFall, Balders Gate 3, that are currently on my radar. I understand if I cant play at full ultra settings due to the nature of the computer I own, but is it possible to upgrade to where gaming is enjoyable? I'm not too keen on brands, power, etc when it comes to graphics card and PSU. Anything budget friendly that improves performance? 

HP Recommended

@Cborrero That's quite an arsenal you've got on mind, those are mostly high performance games and you may be able to lower the resolution of the games to the lowest settings and play on Radeon™ RX 460 that requires a 400W PSU, that said, here's the list of your favorite games and their requirements:

• baldur's gate 3 - radeon r9 280x - 550 Watt PSU
  • greedfall - Radeon R7 360 2GB - 500 Watt PSU
  • outer worlds - amd radeon r9 290x - 550 - 600 Watt PSU

You can think about it and go to any local store to get one of these PSU's, happy gaming!

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Regarding the PSU, does it have to be HP brand or am I able to settle for a particular PSU? Also when upgrading, what is the first thing that should be purchased? GPU, PSU, or RAM? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.