Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
EliteOne 1000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have the HP EliteOne 1000 34 inch all-in-one computer.  It has a DisplayPort In port in the back.  I have a male USB type c to male DisplayPort cable, and I have plugged the type C end into my Windows laptop, in the USB type C display out port.  I have plugged the DisplayPort end into the a DisplayPort In port.  

How do I get the display of my laptop to show up on the screen of the EliteOne?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I spent about 45 minutes on the phone with HP support, and determined that this is not possible on the HP EliteOne 1000 34 inch all-in-one computer.  This computer has a DisplayPort "In" port, but the support person could not determine how to activate that port.  Regular monitors have On Screen Display (OSD) menus on which you can select input sources, but this "smart" monitor does not have that capability. Since I a big part of my use case for a big monitor on my desk is connecting a work laptop to it, it turns out that I will not be able to use this computer. 

Accordingly I have returned it for a full refund (with no restocking fee or return shipping fee - thank goodness!), and replaced it with a 34" HP Envy curved monitor, and an HP Envy 13" laptop.  With my new setup, I'll be able to plug my work laptop and my personal laptop into the monitor and switch between them as necessary, or even see them both with PIP (picture-in-picture) capability.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Sending video to a external monitor usually requires using the "FN" key plus a specific function key on the Laptop keyboard.

Different Laptop/Notebook OEMs can program whatever function key they want to use for this function. 

It should work.

Regards

HP Recommended

I spent about 45 minutes on the phone with HP support, and determined that this is not possible on the HP EliteOne 1000 34 inch all-in-one computer.  This computer has a DisplayPort "In" port, but the support person could not determine how to activate that port.  Regular monitors have On Screen Display (OSD) menus on which you can select input sources, but this "smart" monitor does not have that capability. Since I a big part of my use case for a big monitor on my desk is connecting a work laptop to it, it turns out that I will not be able to use this computer. 

Accordingly I have returned it for a full refund (with no restocking fee or return shipping fee - thank goodness!), and replaced it with a 34" HP Envy curved monitor, and an HP Envy 13" laptop.  With my new setup, I'll be able to plug my work laptop and my personal laptop into the monitor and switch between them as necessary, or even see them both with PIP (picture-in-picture) capability.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.