Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Example: HPE Pavilion H8-1360T
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello ALL,

I have two questions for you expert people which no one else seems to have answers to. Here they are;

1.What is the largest RAM that can be installed? 16GB or 32GB. We have BIOS V7.15 date: 7/2/2012; 460W power supply.

2.The original video card failed and I installed an NVIDIA GeForce 630 (2GB). This card worked well for a long time. But now it is starting to fail.

So, can I install any of the following without having to replace the 460W supply:

NVIDIA GeForce 640 (3GB) (seems to be the best choice, your opinions?)

Radeon HD 7570 (1GB)

Radeon HD 7570 (2GB)

Radeon HD 7670 (1GB)

Radeon HD 7770 (2GB)

Radeon HD 7770 (3GB)

Will the NVIDIA GTX1050 work in this computer?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Manny8922 

The specs of your machine is

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03425388

1. RAM:

• Memory slots: 4 DDR3 DIMMS
  • Maximum memory:
    • 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) (64-bit OS)

2. Video card: Its latest BIOS is version 8.21 A which allows you to install GTX 10xx video card. This card requires 300W minimum PSU and your machine has one of the following PSU's

• 300W
  • 460W
  • 600W

That means NVIDIA GTX1050 should work.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hello Banhien,

Thank you for your response.

My BIOS/Version is AMI 7.15  7/12/2012.

With the above information will the GTX1050 or the GTX1060 still work in my computer?

HPE H8-1360T   Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5GHz  460W power supply,  dual monitors

THANK YOU AGAIN!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.