Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN 30L Desktop PC GT13-1000i (1S3R9AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi,

While playing Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, I've been limited by the Main Thread. Recently I came across a post on the MSFS community website that showed a solution to that problem: disable the Virtualisation, using the BIOS.

I tryed to do that but i couldn't since i did'nt find any spot that cointained the CPU setting. My Bios: F.15-03/02/2022 and my motherboard: 886C.

Hoping that you can help me.

Best regards

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Normally, you will find the enable/disable virtualization setting in the BIOS' security menu.

See the illustration I posted in the discussion below...

Solved: hp pavilion hpe h8-1375ea enable intel vt-x - HP Support Community - 1927955

HP Recommended

Hi,

I tryed to look in the security page but nothing, there are just some TPM options and the Hp smart key one...

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, if the setting isn't there, I wouldn't know where else it could be.

There is no documentation from HP that shows the BIOS setting menus for that model series.

If you haven't done so already, I recommend you check each BIOS tab and carefully review every setting option.

There has to be a setting to disable VT somewhere.

That used to be a security issue about possible hacking into the PC with VT enabled, and usually the VT setting was disabled by default.

That is why the enable VT setting was almost always found in the BIOS' security menu.

I don't know if that security vulnerability is still a problem on these new models though.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.