Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP DESKTOP-LA40SPE
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HI

A query about the new feature update. Despite clicking check for updates I am still not being offered it. I got it on the HP laptop, but not my main new PC.

Is there an issue with new HP PCs?

Keith 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

All I can say is give it a try.

You can always go back to the current installation within 30 days if you don't delete any files.

The update may never show up on your PC.

The update worked fine on all of my PC's but one very old HP 6910p business-class notebook that was built in 2008.

It hasn't been running right on the last few releases of W10, but the bugs were not that serious.

This one caused the display to flicker and there was no way I could fix it, since there are no W10 graphics drivers for the AMD Radeon x2300 graphics adapter it has.

I decided to completely remove W10 and install W8.1, where everything works great, and W8.1 is still supported by Microsoft.

If I still have the PC in 3 years when Microsoft quits supporting W8.1, I will reinstall an older version of W10 where everything had worked.  I think that was v1709.  It won't have support either, but at least it will be W10.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

I updated all of my HP PC's and one Dell PC to the new update by clicking on the blue Update Now button at the link below.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

I believe out of the 10 different PC's I have only one or two of them ever got the feature update through Windows update.

HP Recommended

Ok thanks.

I just wondered why I am not being offered the update. I thought perhaps the PC is not ready? Which is strange as its two months old!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

All I can say is give it a try.

You can always go back to the current installation within 30 days if you don't delete any files.

The update may never show up on your PC.

The update worked fine on all of my PC's but one very old HP 6910p business-class notebook that was built in 2008.

It hasn't been running right on the last few releases of W10, but the bugs were not that serious.

This one caused the display to flicker and there was no way I could fix it, since there are no W10 graphics drivers for the AMD Radeon x2300 graphics adapter it has.

I decided to completely remove W10 and install W8.1, where everything works great, and W8.1 is still supported by Microsoft.

If I still have the PC in 3 years when Microsoft quits supporting W8.1, I will reinstall an older version of W10 where everything had worked.  I think that was v1709.  It won't have support either, but at least it will be W10.

HP Recommended

Well this is strange. Last week the update was there in the updates section, yesterday it had gone. Replaced with a message saying the May 2020 update would soon be available and IO would get a message when it was. So what is happening now?

Does this mean I should now NOT download it - using the non-update method - or does one now wait?

HP Recommended

I would say that up to you.

Some folks say to wait it out until Microsoft gets rid of the reported bugs.

That may be why they removed the update from your PC.

See this knowledge base article another forum member wrote regarding this matter.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebooks-Knowledge-Base/Updating-your-laptop-to-Windows-10-v2004-May-...

I updated all of mine and no issues thus far, other than with the HP 6910p notebook I already mentioned.

HP Recommended

OK thanks.

I am going to assume that as the update has now been withdrawn, it would appear that I should wait. Looking at the include things, I dont think I need them. I just want a simple PC.

Just interested to see why they withdraw the update.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

As to specifically why Microsoft withdrew the update, that I would not know.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.