Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0073w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased a new desktop on 5/7/20, but HP has guesstimated a sale date of 1/8/21 instead and marked the warranty as expired.  

I opened a warranty dispute case (Case ID: 5063126779) after trying over half a day to get the site to register it. But there is no timeline for any action on that, and no update so far on the website.  I called the support phone line and read off my serial number, I clearly stated O(letter 'oh') and the automated assistant read back a 0(number 'zero'). It told me it didn't find that serial number and told me to call during business hours or go to the website.  The HP support website is full of dead end links and another useless virtual assistant.  

I just want to talk to a person, to get the case moving as I need to also file a repair case after this.  It's ridiculous to allow online case submittal but to give no timeline for review action and to endlessly redirect to virtual assistants that appear to be designed to waste time rather than to provide any assistance.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I purchased a new desktop on 5/7/20, but HP has guesstimated a sale date of 1/8/21 instead and marked the warranty as expired.  

Hmm.

5th of July in 2020? 20th day of July in 2005? 7th day of May in 2020? 

8th day of January 2021? 1st day of August in 2021?

Is the mixup in dates to your advantage?

A one-year warranty starting on 5/7/20 should still be valid until 5/7/21, July 5? May 7?

A three-month warranty starting on January 8 2021 will expire on April 8 2021, which is still in the future.

A two-month warranty starting on January 8 2021 expired on March 8 2021 (11 days ago).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.