Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
8000 Elite CMT
Linux

I am prepping some HP 8000 Elite CMTs with Intel E8600 CPUs, 4GB of RAM, and BIOS version 1.02 currently installed.  This is for an organization planning to install a Linux distro "LinuxMint, MX-17 Linux or  UberStudent, ubuntustudio". 

I have virtually zero Linux experience, so I need to know what BIOS version to flash, and any other preparation I should do before delivering them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

I would flash them all to the latest version available (v01.14).

Flash them with the F10 Setup flash option.

Then you don't even need to be in Windows.

Here's what you do...

I have zipped up and attached below, the above BIOS version DOS flash file folder.

Get a USB flash drive and format it with the FAT32 file system.

Download and unzip the BIOS update folder I attached.

Copy the file contents of the folder to the USB flash drive.  Just the files, not the folder.

Restart the PC, tap the F10 key at the beginning of the HP welcome screen to get access to the BIOS.

Select the File Tab>Flash System ROM command.

Select the USB flash drive.

The PC should 'see' the BIOS files on the flash drive.

Follow the on screen instructions to update the BIOS.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

I would flash them all to the latest version available (v01.14).

Flash them with the F10 Setup flash option.

Then you don't even need to be in Windows.

Here's what you do...

I have zipped up and attached below, the above BIOS version DOS flash file folder.

Get a USB flash drive and format it with the FAT32 file system.

Download and unzip the BIOS update folder I attached.

Copy the file contents of the folder to the USB flash drive.  Just the files, not the folder.

Restart the PC, tap the F10 key at the beginning of the HP welcome screen to get access to the BIOS.

Select the File Tab>Flash System ROM command.

Select the USB flash drive.

The PC should 'see' the BIOS files on the flash drive.

Follow the on screen instructions to update the BIOS.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.