Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp Spectre x 360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am currently using the Spectre 360 as a desktop and using 2-3 external displays (one of them 4k) instead of the built in.  I got it in December 2018 or maybe Jan 2019.  It has 16 GB RAM and is the intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80 GHz 1.99 GHz.

I would like to place my laptop in a fairly tight space where a fan can constantly blow across it, but I am running in to the problem that I have to unplug everything, pull it out, open it and power it on then put it all back.  I haven't found a way to power on without opening the lid (if you know a way I would appreciate a point in the right direction), so I am thinking that I may be able to flip the computer all the way open and try to run it like that.

My question is how will the performance differ when running it with it all the way open like a tablet?  I need the performance to be at it's best.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Bearcat3, Welcome to HP Support Community!

The performance should be the same no matter how you use it, be it tablet mode or laptop mode, the same hardware is in use either way.

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Bearcat3, Welcome to HP Support Community!

The performance should be the same no matter how you use it, be it tablet mode or laptop mode, the same hardware is in use either way.

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.