Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
junosa
Level 3
70 41 3 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Where can I find the missing start button?

HP Recommended
HP Bang and Olufsen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Where can the start button be found on the HP computer Windows 10. On the left on the bottom task bar is a square with a plus sign in it.

3 REPLIES 3
Prométhée
Level 16
Level 16
4,890 4,824 534 2,087
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello
it's a window ... windows logo
This changes depending on the version (1809 1903 ..)
it may be different for you
to make it clear!

in image (but it may be different for you)

click on it with the left button:

Annotation .png

with right

Annotation .png

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users:
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

0 Kudos
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,696 32,596 2,965 7,280
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@junosa 

As @Prométhée indicated, there is no longer a START button -- as MS got rid of that, and the entire Start Menu, with Windows 8 -- because they were convinced, like their INTERNAL folks at Redmond, that EVERYONE was abandoning Desktops and moving exclusively to Tablets -- so they need what was, essentially, a "smartphone-like" interface with big buttons and NO menus.

Fast forward to Win 10, and in the interim, Stardock made MILLIONS of dollars selling their replacement for the Start Menu, known as Start 8, and upgraded that a few years ago to Start 10.

MS NOW have a button there, but if you don't like that, there are replacements you can download and install:    https://silicophilic.com/windows-10-start-menu-replacements/

My favorite is Start 10 from Stardock (largely because I was an early adopter and fan of Start 8), but others work equally well.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Prométhée
Level 16
Level 16
4,890 4,824 534 2,087
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

yes, too, but no need to install anything
We can just use a shortcut, or even a
key combination!
(alt and f4)

https://www.digitalcitizen.life/7-ways-shut-down-or-restart-windows-10-pc-or-device

https://www.isunshare.com/windows-10/create-a-shutdown-shortcut-on-windows-10-desktop.html

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users:
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation