Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Can i go for 1X4?

HP Recommended

Will it work then.

HP Recommended

Yes, you can replace the 2 GB chip with a 4 GB chip for sure.

HP Recommended

Ok i'll update later if this fixes my issue.

HP Recommended

I ordered this one as its a DDR3L and looks compatible with my motherboard.

Firefox_Screenshot_2022-04-20T17-09-21.746Z.png

HP Recommended

Hopefully it will work.

It's the same specs as the Crucial memory I gave you that you were concerned about installing.

HP Recommended

Can a Dual-Channel memory works with this board becoz mine (the Alketron one which i ordered) says Dual channel memory but the crucial one which u suggested did not stated anything.

HP Recommended

Since you indicated that you only have one working memory slot, any memory you install is only going to run in single channel mode.

There is no such thing as single or dual channel memory.

Memory is memory.

Single or dual channel is the mode in which the memory runs.

In order for the memory to run in dual channel mode, you have to install matching memory capacities in both slots (example 2 x 4 GB).

HP Recommended

Yes it works, I don't know how but they shipped me the wrong stick of 8GB ram which as you said earlier wouldn't work, After filing a return complain they send the compatible 4GB one which is working fine without any BSODs. i use this system only for Parsec to connect with my virtual machines but in future i had to replace the whole motherboard because right now the only thing which bottle necks is the onboard CPU.

UWzD8LV.jpg

5wtsD0t.jpg

VIDFnid.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.