Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP sswd 5700 pro 2.5" 512GB
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Two years ago I purchased a SSD to upgrade my older hard drive in my HP Desktop. The computer run fine and never had any issues, until a couple days ago the drive would not boot. I contacted hp and there customer service could not or would not fix the issue. after the fifth or sixth transfer I started to get really angry of having to tell the same information to another  person and not getting any help with the problem. No one could or would help and after 10 or more tries I figured I either go to seek claim another way. All Im asking for is for HP to honer the 3 year warranty on the drive.  I have proof of date purchase. Amazon still have the "HP STORE " selling them. I will take this further if needed but would rather get this fix now . 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Jack2020_ 

You said you purchased the SSD from the HP store.  So, it should have come with an invoice and printed warranty.  If you have the latter, you have to check that to see the warranty terms.

If it did not come with a printed warranty, the HP warranty terms limit replacement parts to the REMAINDER of the original PC warranty.  So, while it might still be covered, it is NOT for three years -- only until the original warranty expires.

I wish we could help you with this, but this is only a peer-to-peer forum and we are not allowed to get involved in any warranty issues.  You will need to contact HP directly again and this time, tell them specifically you wish to open a warranty DISPUTE. They will give you a case number and then someone will get back with you to discuss the warranty issue.

Sorry, but we are not allowed to provide any assistance in this regard.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.