Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
F9A61AV#ABA
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I am currently using Window 7 Professional on my HP desktop with no problems.  Can I use Windows 10 Professional on my system?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Nothing in life is certain but HP is providing Windows 10 drivers for your product (Link).

The provided drivers are dated so there is no guarantee the older HP drivers will work with newer versions of Windows 10.

I would clone the current operating system to a different disk. Keep the original disk as a backup in case things go bad.

Try updating within Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro on the second cloned disk using this Microsoft site (Link). Try the first link at this site. Then use the Media creation tool if the first option fails. Create installation media. Run the installer inside W7 to possibly get the free upgrade.

Microsoft has been allowing a free update to Windows 10 from W 7 and W 8.1 as of July 2019. I don't know if this still works.

You may get the free upgrade and the update may go well. The upgrade to W10 gives this PC a digital license which will activate if you have to install W10 clean down the road.

Regards

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help!

On a side note, I'm really "ticked" at Microsoft.  My Windows 7 Pro system is working perfectly and has never had any problems.  It does everything I need and I'm happy with it.    Now, thanks to Microsoft my computer world is being turned upside down and I'm faced with possibly having to buy a new desktop system, buy new software, and a new printer.  Microsoft has done this crap before by withdrawing support for operating systems and churning the market to make more money.

When I die I'm going to ask my family to send a letter from me to Microsoft saying, "Ha, ha, I'm dead.  You can't rip any money off me anymore!"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.