Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

OK.....

I could not find any reference to Infineon anywhere on my PCs...

So.....

Find the directory c:/SWSetup

Rename that directory xxxxxxx or anything you want to....

Run the Update. There will be several updates to do and reboots.

Should run fine.

The first PC I tried I cut the directory and contents to a thumb drive, thereby deleting it.

Update ran fine. 

Didn't run any clean or optimizer SW beforehand.

I have 4 HP/Compaq PC's with this install problem (8000 Elite or similar, Intel dual processors), Windows 10 64bit Pro I've done this on so far.

Still going thru several reboots and update installs... not thru yet... 

Some updates will report not completed but that means you need to reboot to install them.

Installs take some time. be patient.

4 systems updated! A couple more at a different location for tomorrow. 

Clark

HP Recommended

When I rename the directory the Update not work. I must delet the directory. Then the update 1709 run fine.

HP Recommended

TPM is a Microsoft program that calls a third part platform module. For HP computers, a TPM key in the Registery may point to the C:\SWSETUP folder. The solution can be as simple as renaming the folder, such as C:\HPSWSETUP.

You can test for this by the following:

1. Check the root of C: for that folder (SWSETUP).

2. If the folder exists, open a command prompt (preferrably as administrator) and run tpm.msc.

3. If the TPM windows shows a module name, such as Inf...., rename the folder as described and reboot.

4.After rebooting, verify the corrective action by running tpm.msc again. If TPM window shows that it did not find a compatible program, you should be good to go.

P.S. Deleting the underlying folder in SWSETUP may work also, but I think that you must empty the recycle bin before rebooting. Otherwise, the registery key might get changed to point to the file in the recycle bin. This is a guess on my part based on indications from my system.

HP Recommended

I deleted the Infineon folder from C:\SWSETUP\App\Security and clicked Refresh as suggested and this resolved my problem.  Thank you for the recommendation!

HP Recommended

I don't have an Infineon folder in C:\SWSETUP\App\Security, just a Symantec folder. And I don't have this folder anywhere else on the C: drive.  Other threads said to rename the "ProtectTools" directory but this didn't help either.

Also, when I go into Device Manager and tell it to uninstall device "Trusted Platform Module 1.2" under Security, according to the log it does, but then it says it needs to restart, and reinstalls it when it restarts.

Something else to mention, when I upgraded to Windows 10, all of the contents on 2 secondary drive partitions were lost.  Found many articles on this happening to others PC's but none of the fixes got my data back.  Spent several hours on with Microsift support and they couldn't get my data back either.

Years of experience should have taught me to back everything up before an upgrade but this was my last upgrade of several I was doing, and all others went just fine.  But I should know better with Microsoft. Live and Learn.

HP Recommended

Hi Mark,

You might want to try the sequence I described in my post from 10-26-2017 06:30 AM - see beginning of this subject

Regards

Viktor

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.