Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Obelisk Desktop 875-0014
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

A few weeks ago i reset my pc entierly because i had too much stuff so and it was slowing down so i decided to reset. after i reset it kept asking me to activate windows and enter a product key but when i bought the pc it automatically came with windows because it was prebuilt and i bought it off the best buy website, so i dont really know how im supposed to get a key to reactivate

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to try this...

Download and install the free Showkey Plus utility from the Microsoft Store.

Get ShowKeyPlus - Microsoft Store

Run the utility and it will show you the W10 OEM product key in the BIOS.

It should also show you the installed key,

If the installed key is different from the OEM key, change the installed key to the OEM key in the PC settings menu>update & security>activation section and then see if you can activate Windows.

HP Recommended

showp.PNG

this is what it shows after i downloaded it, when i reset my pc using the reset this pc option and removed everything, after i logged back into my account and got everything set up it said i need to activate windows. my windows came preinstalled but idk how im supposed to find the key to activate it. 
I  have a 

OMEN by HP Obelisk Desktop 875-0014

HP Recommended

That is not good.

The report should have shown an installed key an OEM key and the version of W10 the key is good for.

Here is what my report shows on a Dell PC I upgraded to W10 Pro from W8.1 Pro...

ShowKeyPlus - Windows Product Key Information

Product Name: Windows 10 Pro

Version: 18362.657 (64-bit OS)

Product ID: 00330-80000-00000-AA935

Installed Key: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

OEM Key: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

OEM Edition: Win 8.1 RTM Professional OEM:DM

Somehow your PC's W10 product key has been wiped out of the BIOS.

It is also possible that HP mistakenly installed a motherboard that was supposed to be for PC's that came with FreeDOS, which have no product key in the BIOS.

HP uses pre-activated Windows software which will work as long as you don't need to reinstall Windows.

The specs show that your PC came with W10 Home from HP, so the only suggestion I can offer would be to contact HP customer service, explain the problem and see if they can/will send you a W10 Home product key you can use to activate Windows with.

This is a peer to peer forum so unfortunately, no one here would be able to help you obtain a W10 product key.

If HP gives you a key, you will need to keep it in a safe place in case you need to reinstall windows again.

OMEN by HP Obelisk Desktop PC - 875-0014 Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

Contact HP | HP® Official Site

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.