Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 8200 Elite
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just upgraded Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro, and now I don't have a driver for the PCI Serial Port (VEN_8086&DEV_1C3D&SUBSYS_1495103C&REV_04).  I've read about other instances of this problem in the forums, but I cannot find spxxxx folders in my C drive.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

You need this driver...

This package contains the Intel Active Management Technology (AMT) Driver for supported models running a supported operating system. 

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp69501-70000/sp69506.exe

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

You need this driver...

This package contains the Intel Active Management Technology (AMT) Driver for supported models running a supported operating system. 

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp69501-70000/sp69506.exe

HP Recommended

Hi Paul.  Thanks for the help.  But I'm not sure I did this right.

I double clicked the .exe file and ran the application from my downloads folder.  I got a warning saying that the drivers I was about to install were older than the ones already had.  So I chose NOT to install them.  Then, I went to the device manager, right clicked the PCI Serial Port, then chose update driver.  I browsed to the new folder and and Windows 10 said that the device was properly installed. However, the device changed from PCI Serial Port to "Intel(R) Active Management Technology -SOL (COM4)"

Did I do this right?  Thanks.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, that is the device you want to see listed.

I have the 8200 Elite CMT running on W10 and that is what my device manager shows as well.

HP Recommended

Hello! Please help to find the driver for PCI Serial Port PCI \ VEN_8086 & DEV_2E17 & SUBSYS_3646103C & REV_03My computer: HP Compaq 8000 Elite Small Form Factor PC. Windows 10

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.