Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 23-q100 All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

The computer starts but the windows 10  apps button doesn't open. I can - at times - right click on the windows button in the task bar and that menu opens. I can't open task manager either.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello, @Bandole – Hope you are well 🙂

Thanks for engaging in the HP Forums! I see by your post that you are experiencing issues with your HP Pavilion All-in-One. I will certainly do my best to help you 🙂

I understand that the start menu and the task manager is not opening in your HP Pavilion. I did some digging and found a couple of possible solutions. Try them below:

Solution 1:

• Press Windows logo key + R to get the “Run” dialog box.
  • Type “cmd” and press enter.
  • In the Command Prompt window, type the SFC /SCANNOW and press Enter.
  • Wait until the command checks Windows 10 for the missing or corrupt files, and fixes the errors automatically.
  • Restart the computer when done and check for issue resolution.

Solution 2:

If the issue started happening after a recent update, then you might be able to restore the system to a point before. System Restore automatically creates restore points, a memory of the system files and settings on the computer at a particular point in time. Then, when you use System Restore to restore your computer to a point in time before an issue began, System Restore returns your computer to the files and settings from the restore point. Your personal files and documents are not affected.

Check http://hp.care/2c1kggM for details

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended
In this situation, how do I do I verify that I am the administrator (in WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe)
HP Recommended
It won’t allow me to type administrator BEFORE THE c:\......
HP Recommended

Use "File Manager" to open the folder:  C:\Windows\System32

Scroll-down to find the 'cmd.exe' file.

Click with the second (usually the "right-side") button on the icon for the file.

Select 'Run As Administrator'.

It will open another black window, into which you can type the 'SFC' command, as recommened by the Other Person.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.