Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
P21113W
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello Everyone,  I  attempted to upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 and it keeps stopping at the 40% mark when installing features and drivers. it states it could not configure one or more components. it then says to Restart PC and Restart the Installation. but it did the same thing. I disconnected hardware and antivirus, but it did  No Good.  What could be the problem? Thank You Very Much

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

From what I have read elsewhere about this model, I am wondering why the attempt to upgrade to Windows 10.

If Windows 7 is working, then I would leave it as is and be thankful.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thanks but with all due respect i need a solution not an opinion. btw, you know windows 7 will be dicontinued in january 2020.  Anyone have any suggestions?

HP Recommended

Yes, I know Windows 7 support will be discontinued in 2020.  That does not mean that it will not still work just fine after that date, however. 

What means are you using to run the update to Windows 10?  It will go much easier if a Windows 10 install media is used to do a clean install.  Is that the process being employed?  If that process wipes out the Windows 7 install and you do not have a means to revert back, perhaps use a new hard drive, that way saving the Windows 7 install for a fall back.

BTW: that system barely meets the minimum requirements for Windows 10.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

BTW: that system barely meets the minimum requirements for Windows 10.

I already had windows 10 on this pc with no problem, I am using a ISO file. I saved it. 

Someone mentioned making sure you are off line when installing, will try that out!! Thanks

HP Recommended

SOLVED:  Never mind, i figured it out, its up an running, Thanks for the reply!!

HP Recommended

Discontinued means they will not UPDATE it or make patches and security updates....

That doesnt mean you wont be able to use it anymore without problems!!! You are able to use after 2020 with no problems!!!

Leave it like that if its working properly! 

Windows 10 will not work as well on it ...as the harware is pretty old...

Mike
HP Pavilion 590-p0026nq, Core i7-8700, 8GB, 1TB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060+Samsung 970 Evo Plus 256 GB NVMe
HP Recommended

Thanks Grizzly  You may be right but I have to give it a shot, its working great so far. As i mentioned i had it on my windows 7 over a year ago.  I am now making it look like my windows 7 AMAP. 

I wonder if my friend who has windows vista, could upgrade to windows 10?  He lives in another state and is having alot of problems with vista since it lost support and updates?  Would you know?  Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.