Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp p7-1030b
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

Recently I install a fresh new OS, Win 10 x64. At the start, everything was fine, but after a while, I start to receive error message "Error 1606. Could not access network location \0" when trying to install some software. Start was with Adobe products, but then expanded to other segments (Kyocera MFP driver, etc).

I try to find some solution via Google, but nothing useful. For Win 7 exist MS patch, but for Win 10 not.

I fully understand that HP doesn't have any connection with that error. But, in my case, it is the HP configuration and I want to find some solution and avoid a new OS installation with an uncertain outcome.

So, if anybody has a safe and reliable solution and also knowledge about the cause of this problem (so that we can avoid it in the future) I would please share it here.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Alex021 , welcome to the Community.

Here is a possible solution on Microsoft Community: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp-windows_programs/error-1606-could-not-a...

Give it a try to see what happens.  I know there is no mention of HP computers, but it is Win 10 causing the problem.  You are most likely running the latest version of Windows, 20H2.  It has caused me a lot of problems, such as, the blessed BSOD!

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.