Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
TouchSmart9100
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a TouchSmart 9100, 64bit  I recently installed Windows 10 media center, and had it on my system. Before installing I got a warning message saying That my NIVIDA driver wouldnt work upon install- Still downloaded. 

Everything seemed to be working fine, although it began to seem that my computer was running extremely slow, and I mean SLOW. I got on the chat with HP and was remote accessed, had drivers installed to update my NIVIDA drivers, and also my computer files and such cached processed "Deleted" 

Upon the most recent update for WIN10, I would get "Automatic Repair cannot repair system"  after restart due to  

C:\Windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt

I tried several of the online methods to bypass this screen and each bypass failed. So, I had to restore my computer to WIN10 as a blank slate, loosing all my personal files- thankfully this was only a few days after install so there wasnt much to loose. Once the system started back up, I looked into in- and it seemed that there was other people that had issues with the same file or whatever is causing the system to have issues. I disabled - Auto-Update as that was what was suggested. but no matter what, it kept updating. This happened 4 times, where I would have to go back to a clean slate. THEN I WASNT ABLE TO DO ANYTHING BUT GO BACK TO 7 FROM AN IMAGE DISK. 

Once this happened I called Microsoft and had to have Tier2 call back - Just to inform me that Win10 is not compatible with my system... And that my only option would be to "Replace my motherboard"

So now, I dont have the appropriate drivers for my NIVIDA that HP had previously installed. & need to know if there is a way to make WIN10 work,. 

is the fact that its not "Compatible" the cause of my system running slow like it was, thinking ALL the time, and taking forever to start up? 

Theres gotta be a way around this. 

Ive tried for 4 days to chat with someone, but it keeps telling me that "its down" which Im not sure how else to get immediate help on this issue. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

You installed W10 Media Center. This is a hack and is not supported. Doing this with a PC that that is about eleven years old only complicates things.

Microsoft Support Technicians may not always give good advice. Replacing the motherboard (not an easy or achievable task with an AIO PC) is an extreme solution which will require a new Windows product key.

The Nvidia chipset on your motherboard is circa 2008. You may need a new motherboard. But you really need a new PC if you want to use Windows 10.

Windows 10 does not support Windows Media Center.

Maybe you should go back to W7 if you want a Windows Media Center PC that works.

You have until mid January 2019  2020 to upgrade your PC.

Regards

HP Recommended

i meant " Windows 10 installation media". Sorry for the confusion. 

So no matter how many "hacks" or system hacks I try,  windows 10 just wont work?

HP Recommended

Hi,

I would suggest you have Windows 10 installation problems.

You can verify or recant my thoughts.

Installing Windows 10 successfully does not look good.

All things equal. Nothing is written in stone.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.