Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN 30L Desktop - GT13-0900nz
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I am running my system since about one year and everything is going well.

The Windows 10 version is 2004 from the beginning on and it will not update to the last one (21H1). Is this behaviour ok or do I have to force it to update ?

Thanks for reply.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

The 21H1 is not the last one. So update your drivers first.

Run these 2 commands in cmd (admin)

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

sfc /scannow

Download the last (!) Media Creation Tool (21H2) from MS. If you have a free partition you can use that. Otherwise prepare a USB-Stick.

On YouTube you find many videos how to do that.

Then run the setup.exe from your Win10 installation and you are ready. (Do not boot  from that medium!)

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.

What will the process do ? Will it update my system or reinstall a plain new version ?

My system runs fine and I do not want to reinstall everything (programs, data and other install). I just want to go from 2004 to a more recent update.

HP Recommended

Don't worry! 😊

It will update your System and you don't loose any program or data!

Edit 1

This is your big chance to reduce the C-Partition to an appropriate size. 120 GB is usually enough. 

Then the above mentioned procedure creates a new Recovery partition at the right place!

You have the chance to create a second Partition for files!

HP Recommended

hi

Just in case, at least back up your personal data
we never know

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

@Prométhée wrote:

we never know

😀

HP Recommended

@VH2000 wrote:

Don't worry! 😊

It will update your System and you don't loose any program or data!

Edit 1

This is your big chance to reduce the C-Partition to an appropriate size. 120 GB is usually enough. 

Then the above mentioned procedure creates a new Recovery partition at the right place!

You have the chance to create a second Partition for files!

Especially if we do this

sorry, 120 gb, it is not enough, I have a ssd of 250 gb, and it sucks

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

In my company we run appr. 2100 Desktops that were delivered by our Leasing Company with 128 GB SSDs. 

We can't afford to have trouble with our equipment. We know what we do!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.