Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 590-p0066
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP Pavilion 590-p0066, just a little over one year old (purchaed November, 2019) and neither of these Windows updates has been able to install despite NUMEROUS ATTEMPTS.

I disconnected everything--all USB cables, the second drive, the second monitor, the speakers, the video card and even the wireless keyboard & mouse (I plugged wired versions in) and the updates still wouldn't install. I uninstalled the AMD software controlling the video card. I even uninstalled all software in the system tray and no luck (only windows Anti-Virus and HP Audio Switch remain).  

The BIOS has been updated to the latest version. The only thing that isn't OEM is an SSD I bought from Micro Center where the operating system is installed. Otherwise, it's all stock.

I stripped everything down to the bare minimum I could think of and still no luck. Any thoughts?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

If it is not a lot of trouble for you to reinstall your files and programs, I would recommend clean installing the latest version of W10 by making bootable installation media using the media creation tool from the link below.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

There is no guarantee it will work, but it has worked for me on other PC's, when the upgrade to a newer build would fail.

If for some reason it doesn't work, before you attempt to clean install W10, make a system image and bootable rescue media (USB flash drive or DVD), use the free Macrium Reflect software from the link below.

Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free

You create and store the system image on a portable hard drive, and make the bootable rescue media to access the system image to restore it to the drive.

That way if for some reason, a clean install of W10 doesn't work either, you can go back to your current status in just a few minutes.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.