Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 45L Gaming Desktop PC IDS Base Models (ArticunoI)
Microsoft Windows 11

Ever since updating windows 11, it has completely bricked my system and I have no access into it. The monitor doesn't boot up with either HDMI or Displayport, my mouse doesn't connect, my keyboard doesn't connect, my hard drives and thumbdrives don't connect to it, and I cannot even access the recovery tools to reset it. What the heck am I supposed to do and why would Windows put out a update that PURPOSELY destroys people's machines.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

hi

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Hard-Drive-power-supply-cable-m...

Was this finally settled?

------------------------------

when you press the power button
what exactly is happening, indicated everything you see hear!?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

My pc powers up, and thats it. It still doesn't show anything even when I turn my monitor on. I cant even get in to access the BIOS to try a custom install to roll it back to a older windows 11 update. And for the most part my other issue was settled yes.

HP Recommended

When you start the computer , if you immediately try to type the f2 key several times or esc  , you should have a menu like this

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_3974055-3873564-16

try test if ok

and F11

Choose a method to open Windows Recovery Environment.

• Restart your computer, and then immediately press the f11 key repeatedly.

if you boot with escape key, and f10 same thing

if absolutely no sign of anything, it's not just a windows update the problem

For the other subject, you had not given any follow-up..
I still do not have the model of your computer
If a problem is finished, it's nice to finalize it by marking an answer!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Its a HP Omen 45L, and I had already sent it out a week ago to a official HP repair shop to get it fix. They found nothing wrong hardware wise and did a fresh install for my desktop. Here is the exact paperwork they sent back showing that there were no problems with it.

20220727_153944.jpg

HP Recommended

If what I told you is impossible, does not change anything, that the computer cannot start, then return

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Well, I attempted what you told me and it did nothing. Now what.

HP Recommended

as I told you, if there is nothing possible, it is certainly not just a windows update..
If you can't even start, to go to the bios, or other functions indicated, then you have to return it under warranty

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.