Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 595-P0084
Microsoft Windows 11

TO: This Team here and especially the HP team

My Computer (with Windows 10 Pro) was updated to Windows 11. My computer is an HP Pavilion 595-P0084. While working with Microsoft to see why there were so many issues, they mentioned that HP has not tested and certified this model computer and that the correct drivers were not ready.  I now have to do a fresh install of Windows 10 because the grace 10-day period has passed. 

This means that I have to reinstall all the applications from scratch, many of which, I have no knowledge of my parameters and passwords.  Has anyone had this same situation? How did you solve it?

Thanks in advance

frank

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Very sorry to hear this happened. Your PC is close to four years old. There is a good chance HP will never offer W11 drivers for your PC. Microsoft will point to HP. HP will point to Microsoft. The user must clean up the mess.

You can recover data from the 128 GB M.2 system drive if you have not reinstalled W10. Where are you in this process?

Can you start W11 and work with this operating system? If yes, you can back up data to external media. You will have to remove the 128 GB M.2 SSD then connect to a different PC to back up data if you cannot run W11. Do this before reinstalling W10.

You also have a 1 TB HDD which will retain data as long as you disconnect this drive before you install W10. W10 must be installed on the 128 GB M.2 SSD.

You have a HP Cloud Recovery option (Link) to install the HP factory image. You can install W10 clean but will lose some HP software.

I can't help with custom installed software or passwords. You have to rebuild the system from scratch if you can't go back to W10 while running W11.

I can only provide the following suggestion:

One way to avoid this in the future is to use disk imaging software. I use Macrium Reflect free version to: create disk images and Macrium USB recovery media. You could be back in business using the last good W10 image created with Macrium within 20 minutes if you had a disk image.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.