Did you mean: 
MusjepUSAF
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Windows 7

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

The computer keeps saying windows update 7 at 35% I know 7 is outdated I need to get some stuff off my computer but I can't get it to open a keeps saying updating 35% is there anyway I can get back to the home screen??

1 REPLY 1
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,787 6,770 639 1,531
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

You seem to be stuck in a Windows 7 update. It sounds like this is happening after a W7 update system restart; suggesting you can't log in to Windows.

All I could suggest is to shut down the PC. Restart to see what happens.

Then remove the HDD if this update cannot complete. Connect this disk to a different PC as a data drive using internal SATA data and power connections or connect this disk to a different PC using a SATA to USB 3.0 adapter.

Navigate to your user folder. Copy whatever data you need to the host PC or to an external drive.

Regards

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation