Level 1
9 3 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Windows activation problem

HP Recommended
HP EliteDesk 800 G1 SFF
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello. There was such a problem, the motherboard in the computer broke down, the repair was not cost-effective and another board was bought, Windows 7 was installed, it worked fine for a while, but then suddenly a message appeared that the system was not activated. When you try to activate with a key, it gives an error 0xC004F063. When checking the bios, there is no Windows key, the seller of the board said that the BIOS was flashed using a programmer. It turns out that the key is missing in the bios. How do I activate Windows now?

1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
30,478 30,385 2,777 6,711
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Wiking007 

The simple answer is -- you can't!  Why? Because the Windows version you are running is an HP OEM version and that requires a key from HP, which came with the original motherboard.  When you changed motherboards, you threw away that key and HP is not going to provide you a second one, nor does it sell windows keys.

So basically, you would have to buy your own Windows version, complete with key, install and activate that.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation