cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yurochk
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Windows upgraded to win 10.How to retrieve windows 8.1 product key?

HP Recommended
F0K63AV
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello guys! any idea of how to retrieve the original product key of windows 8.1 after upgrading to win 10?

5 REPLIES 5
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
132,240 122,417 20,125 30,856
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

Run the free utility that I zipped up and attached below, and it will show you the W8.1 product key and the version of W8.1 the key is good for that is in your notebook's BIOS.

0 Kudos
Yurochk
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello sir,
I have used related software like the one  you've shared but the  result still the same.I think the key being retrieved is after the windows 10 upgrade.What do you mean by "OEM key not present in firmware".Do you think it has been wiped out?

Note: The product keys retrieved both same with the other PC.I wonder why this upgrade affects the original keys.Any idea?

Here is the scanned result..
showkeysplus.png

0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

The reports shows that no W8.1 product key is in the BIOS, which means that somehow the product key got wiped out.

How that can happen unfortunately, that I do not know.

Below is the link to the parts list for your PC.

https://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=F0K63AV

As you can see from the list of motherboards, there were three.

One for W7 (which would have no key in the BIOS), but then there would be a W7 product key label on the PC's case.

One for W8 Standard, and one for W8 Pro, which would have had product keys in the BIOS.

You will have to contact HP support in the Philippines and see if they can assist you. 

Perhaps they can send you a product key.

https://www8.hp.com/ph/en/contact-hp/contact.html

0 Kudos
Yurochk
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello sir,

Thank you for your help.I tried their virtual support but no luck.Since the warranty is expired, i will still try to email them to see if they will respond to this.

0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

If you can't make any progress, I recommend you direct your inquiry to the HP Executive Team at the link below.

https://ssl.www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/connect-with-hp.html

Good luck.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation