Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp all in one

Hi, hp all in one windows will not load,, after I sign in the screen turns black,,, I've attempted system restore,,, no restore point found.

I'm no hot shot on It, but I've followed posts here and had no luck restoring, loading my windows screen. Any help appreciated.

Thank you, Gwyn.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Dear Gwyn,

It is possible you turned the unit off during a windows update process, in which case the windows system will not boot/function until that process runs it course. I cannot say if/how-much the update process has been damaged by trying to use 'restore'; however there is a good chance it will be alright if you do the following:

Before you go to bed, turn the computer-on and leave it alone, once you get to the 'blank screen' ...

Now leave it running and go to bed, if possible with your modem/lan hooked-up and live (so Windows can 'call-home' in the event it has to recover the update install files). In some cases/circumstances this can take four~five hours (the file re-writing/restoration process = automatic, but slow) ... thus you are best off 'supervising', while sleeping.

When you wake-up (or six hours have past), it should be sitting there pretending nothing happened - was all just a dream.

If not - still blank -

a): use the HP Companion/Hardware analytics program (can download it here and put it on a usb), to restore your monitor/screen driver;

b): Windows is critically damaged and needs a reinstall. Go to the Microsoft Windows Community Forum - scroll to April 20 and find the following discussion/thread:

Win 10 pro - lock-out, then complete failure - post 48Hr 'roll-back', post 'update failure' ... How to reinstall from USB thumb?

Everything/link you need to know is covered in the three posts associated with that thread/discussion.

Cheers,

Rick.

HP Recommended

Thank you Rick,, that's a very comprehensive breakdown of my troubles,,, I'll try and get back to you with an answer,,, I'll allow it to run all day now to see what happens,,

Thank you. Gwyn

HP Recommended

I'll allow it to run all day now to see what happens,,

Dear Gwyn,

Keep it on a leash, and make sure it does not chase the post man...

Good luck and best of health ...

Rick.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.