Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One - 20-c010il
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Product Name: HP All-in-One - 20-c010il

Serial number:  [edited]  I'm getting below error since 4 days even though mine is a Genuine Operating System  " Your windows license is expiring soon"   Kindly help me!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@VikasGowda If they are reinstalling the OS with a proper version this time, it would basically reset the device to factory defaults and you'll need to set your 13 systems back on the network to get it up and running, although, I must let you know that HP doesn't support networking setup as off now, and its better if you could have the store tech do that for you, otherwise, you may need to contact HP and purchase the smart-friend support for advanced setup assistance.

I hope that helps!

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@VikasGowda Welcome to HP Community! As per the product specifications I see that the device was shipped with FreeDos, hence my question is where did you get the OS from? was it from a store? if yes, did you check with them?

If you've ensure its a full version you have and it shouldn't expire as such, please try the below steps:

Here’s what you need to know:

• OEM Copy: If your computer came with Windows, it likely has an OEM copy. An OEM copy is tied to a specific computer and can’t be moved to a new computer. While you’re free to upgrade a PC’s hardware components or replace a failing hard drive, you can’t move your OEM copy to a new computer.
  • Retail Copy: If you purchased a boxed copy of Windows, it’s likely a retail copy. A retail copy of Windows can be moved to a new computer, but you’re only allowed to use that copy of Windows on a single computer at a time. That means you’d have to uninstall the old copy of Windows before you moved it to a new computer.

Don't worry, though, as I'll be glad to help you out as you could attempt activating your windows using the following methods:

Activate by phone (IVR) using Microsoft:

• Step 1 – Click on Windows Orb and enter ‘slui.exe 4’ into the search box
  • Step 2 – From the search list, click on ‘slui.exe 4’
  • Step 3 – From the drop-down list, choose the country you are residing now
  • Call the designated toll-free number; Read out the number displayed on the screen accordingly.
  • The IVR will then read out a list of character to you, enter it into the screen and Activate windows.

Reinstall windows using the recovery media that you may have created shortly after the computer was purchased, if you haven't that's okay as you can order one online using the Official HP Website: Click here

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

The dealer now says it was some mistake so a cracked OS was installed on my PC.

They are now ready to install Windows Home Single Language (As Billed).

My concern is that if the networking I have set up will still work ?

I've other 13 systems on my network.

Regards

Vikas Gowda

HP Recommended

@VikasGowda If they are reinstalling the OS with a proper version this time, it would basically reset the device to factory defaults and you'll need to set your 13 systems back on the network to get it up and running, although, I must let you know that HP doesn't support networking setup as off now, and its better if you could have the store tech do that for you, otherwise, you may need to contact HP and purchase the smart-friend support for advanced setup assistance.

I hope that helps!

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.