Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Are you having HotKey issue? Click here for tips and tricks.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Z210 workstation

Hello, I have a z210 workstation and was wondering if it’s compatible with UEFI. Im new to this and most of what I look up I dont understand I was wondering if there someone could tell me step by step. My bios version is J51 v01.35. The bios is in legacy and I heard that in order to have a better video card than the 1050 I need UEFI 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

According to chapter page 30 of the service manual, the PC should have a UEFI BIOS because it has two sets of boot sources--Legacy and (U)EFI

HP Z210 CMT Workstation

It is the way Windows is installed that determines how the PC runs--in Legacy or UEFI.

Your PC does not have a Secure boot setting and there should not be a need to have the PC run in UEFI mode to install a graphics card.

But if you want to switch from Legacy to UEFI without having to reinstall Windows in UEFI mode (which requires you to boot the W10 installation media from the EFI USB flash drive rather than the Legacy one, watch this video.

I believe that on your PC, the Windows boot manager will automatically switch to boot from the EFI hard drive since there is no secure boot setting to enable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiPi4kYpUF8&t=39s 

This is only going to work with W10 or W11:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.