Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Z620
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

All of a sudden, Windows 10 stopped seeing the BD/DVD drives I've.  Both drives are known working and I can see them in the BIOS. The BD drive was visible 2 days ago. and was working..

Any idea ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Doh!!  The problem got resolved after  I saved the changes in the BIOS.

Somehow I though every detected devices will be auto-saved.   

Thanks

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Can you see the optical drives in Device Manager?

Look at this guide to see if any of the solutions work;

https://www.easeus.com/backup-utility/cd-dvd-missing-or-not-showing-up-in-windows-10.html

HP Z620 - Liquid Cooled E5-1680v2 @4.7GHz / 64GB Hynix PC3-14900R 1866MHz / GTX1080Ti FE 11GB / Quadro P2000 5GB / Samsung 256GB PCIe M.2 256GB AHCI / Passmark 9.0 Rating = 7147 / CPU 17461 / 2D 1019 / 3D 14464 / Mem 3153 / Disk 15451 / Single Threaded 2551
HP Recommended

I tried all the options but none of them worked.  I think the problem may have started after the Windows 10 1909 Cummulative update but I'm not sure. I uninstalled it but no avail.  I even updated to the new 2004 update but the problem still exist.

Guess I've to reinstall Windows which I'm trying to avoid if possible.

Thanks

HP Recommended

If you don't have them installed already, you could download and install the following HP workstation software;

HP Support Assistant

HP Performance Advisor

Here are some other suggestions;

https://windowsreport.com/dvd-drive-windows-10/

HP Z620 - Liquid Cooled E5-1680v2 @4.7GHz / 64GB Hynix PC3-14900R 1866MHz / GTX1080Ti FE 11GB / Quadro P2000 5GB / Samsung 256GB PCIe M.2 256GB AHCI / Passmark 9.0 Rating = 7147 / CPU 17461 / 2D 1019 / 3D 14464 / Mem 3153 / Disk 15451 / Single Threaded 2551
HP Recommended

Doh!!  The problem got resolved after  I saved the changes in the BIOS.

Somehow I though every detected devices will be auto-saved.   

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.