12-07-2019 11:27 PM
After I updating my windows, I shut down my computer, but sometimes I can not shut down it correctly. when I click shut down as normal, but only screen turns into black. the machine is still on. fan is also working. That is wired.
12-10-2019 04:32 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:
Firstly, run Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8 (if the computer doesn't start up/power on you can skip the next step)
Next step, BIOS default:
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
01-19-2020 05:21 PM - edited 01-19-2020 05:22 PM
I was also having this issue with my 875-1055xt even with Windows 10 and HP drivers updated.
What I did to fix it was to go into Settings; System; Power and Sleep; Additional power settings; Choose what the power button does. Once there I had to deselect "Turn on fast startup (recommended)." After I turned off that feature, the computer completely shuts down normally everytime.