Did you mean: 
godslady49
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

back up and restart issue

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
My HP Laptop 15-bs2xx was purchased with windows 10, but when I went into the control panel for backup it read " backup and restore for windows 7", why would it say this and how may I fix it?
2 REPLIES 2
RrichardD
Level 3
67 62 3 8
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear Sister,

You have Windows 10. For some reason they have not changed the "back-up and restore for windows 7" - which was all-new/changed from earlier Windows B&R versions, and is only so-labled in the control panel display (elsewhere it is Windows back-up). Maybe that the control panel script (coding/program) - in present form (look and feel) is also from Windows 7 ... migrated into Windows 8 and then 10.

Or if you feel the need to use coding-freak jargon: "ported across".

Windows (all - from the first WFWG/Win3) is really a rolling development; that tries to keep-up with changing electronic/computing technology (usually fails, because the changes are going/moving too quickly). They do however try.

Best to contrast Microsoft/Windows/Computer Makers/Developers ... against the Automotive Industry (who have taken two decades to switch from filament bulbs, to cheaper/brighter/longer-lasting LEDs {light emitting diodes}).

When compared to all other industries, governments, et.al., ... they do a pretty amazing job.

Keep well, keep safe and God bless,

Rick.

0 Kudos
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,826 32,726 2,979 7,310
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@godslady49 

That's a known error with the message and there is nothing to fix.

WHY are you trying to do a backup?

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation