20 11 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

back up interference

HP Recommended
lHP Pavilion All-in-One 24-xa0xxx My desktop ion 65XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Running Win 10 and hard drive external drive back up is WD my passport.

The back up starts to tick and if I turn the comp off completely, it will not start again with the external hd pluged in, Unplug, comp starts, after a shot while ticking starts?? Its a 2 bt storeage unit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,773 32,673 2,975 7,303
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@teddy2016 

The general problem is that your PC is most likely trying to boot from the external drive, as some PCs will do that with anything connected to the USB port.

I have a similar problem with an HP laptop and unfortunately, the ONLY solution is to have nothing connected that looks like a drive when I am booting.  Does the same for USB sticks and external drives.

Sorry for the bad news.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,773 32,673 2,975 7,303
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@teddy2016 

The general problem is that your PC is most likely trying to boot from the external drive, as some PCs will do that with anything connected to the USB port.

I have a similar problem with an HP laptop and unfortunately, the ONLY solution is to have nothing connected that looks like a drive when I am booting.  Does the same for USB sticks and external drives.

Sorry for the bad news.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation