Mk1210
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

cant update to win 10, monitor drivers are basic

HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion Slimline
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I am running Win 7. I tried to upgrade to Win 10 over a week ago, had problems right away. after around 8 calls to microsoft support, installing components, etc, still wouldn't work right. it was fine at first, but then when monitor went to sleep, and woke back up, colors were all faded, washed out & bright. could hardly read anything.  microsoft finally figured out that all my drivers were working fine, except the driver for my monitor is "basic" they said HP has not released the new drivers for my monitor. I have HP w2207h Widescreen flat-panel monitor with Bright Screen Panel. I'm not very good at computers, which is why i had to call microsoft so many times. HOURS. They finally got me back to win 7. But i am wondering how can this problem be fixed so that i can do the upgrade? I have no one else to ask, & can't afford to pay someone. I tried to go on the help site, but that didn't work out either. Thank you in advance1

1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,758 32,658 2,973 7,300
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Mk1210 

It's not a driver for the monitor; instead, it's a driver for the video chipset -- and if it's an OLD chipset, one for which Win10 drivers do not exist, then you're going to continue to have issues.

You didn't tell us which MODEL Slimline you are using, but from what I can tell, some of them used the infamous Radeon 3000 -- for which there are no Win10 drivers.

You might be able to use some Win7 drivers for another HP PC, but you would have to wait until someone adds comments to this thread about those specifically.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation