Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp laptop
Microsoft Windows 11

HI,

I have a HP Laptop I was making space and by accident I deleted the microsoft office apps built in from when I bought it. I struggled with installing it again as I couldn't find the product key after reading some posts on here i found the product key- initially i thought that was my only problem however when i tried putting the product key on the microsoft setup it wasn't working. 

Do I need to buy it to be able to install or is there anyway to recover it with the original product key. pls help

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

getting Microsoft 365 is explained in detail here.  Possibly more detail than is necessary

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/download-and-install-or-reinstall-microsoft-365-or-office...

If you have licensed 365 it it can be downloaded from your Microsoft account.  Normally that is the same account (email) that was used to activate windows when you got your PC.

If you are still in the trial period of the "free" office version possibly you can download 365 and the trial period will continue.

If the trial has expired you will need to buy it or switch to something like Open Office..  That product does not have outlook so you will need a mail app or just use web and browser for email.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

Hi,

thank you for your response. 

I did manage to download office however it was only accessible through online not as an actual app. Is there anyway to get it as apps (like word, powerpoint etc.)  like when I originally bought the laptop or because its been deleted I would need to buy it?

I was reading some sites and it said if I had the product key of the laptop I would be able to reinstall the office apps so im really confused.

thank you again.

HP Recommended

You can restore your laptop to factory fresh with cloud restore but it will remove all your documents, pictures, music, etc

Go here and put in your full product ID to see if restore is available.

https://d34z73bbtpzgej.cloudfront.net/

You probably need to buy Microsoft 365 from the Microsoft store or use that OpenOffice

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.