KB4
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

device encryption

HP Recommended
HP Slimline Desktop - 290-a0035z
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Trying to do BIOS update, but need to decrypt device encryption first...how do I decrypt?

3 REPLIES 3
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,760 32,660 2,973 7,301
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@KB4 

My guess, if this is a fairly new HP PC, is that BitLocker was enabled by default on your PC.  That encrypts the entire drive -- which is fine if that is what you want done.  But if you don't want BitLocker, here is a thread with ways to remove it:

https://www.isunshare.com/windows-10/4-ways-to-remove-or-disable-bitlocker-encryption-on-windows-10....

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
KB4
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks....but my PC is older model without BitLocker feature. My problem was with an external drive that turned out to be corrupt...I reformated it and it now runs OK. Appreciate your kind and prompt advice.

0 Kudos
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,760 32,660 2,973 7,301
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@KB4 

Glad to see it is working now.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation