Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 110-210
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My question is simple: what is "false 10.0 Clientx643.0" and do I need to get rid of it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

I don't think this alone is an indication of malware but we could check it if you want.

- Please, perform scan with ESET Online Scanner >> http://download.eset.com/special/eos/esetonlinescanner_enu.exe  (www.eset.com)

- Scan with HitmanPro from SurfRight/SOPHOS >> http://www.surfright.nl/en/hitmanpro

If they find anything like malware (not tracking cookies), please remove it and let me know details about malware name, location, etc.

- Autoruns log

1. Download Microsoft's Autoruns utility - link here. Please, save it to your Desktop

2. Right click the exe file and run it as Administrator

3. Wait some seconds until you see the log has been ready

4. Click on File -> Save
5. Save the new file to your Desktop - name Autoruns, Save as type (please choose ARN)

6. Upload the ARN file somewhere online (e.g. Dropbox, GDrive, OneDrive...) and provide me link to check it

Looking forward to your update.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello!

Welcome to the HP Support forum.

Please, right click this file >> choose Properties and go to see the details - check the publisher, if it has digital signature and who is it from. Post these details back.

You may also want to check this URL and take a screenshot - please attach it here >> http://www.take-a-screenshot.org/

Show where the file is located, how its icon looks like, show the details of the file/propertise

If the file is not too big, you may also want to upload it to VirusTotal - www.virustotal.com - a free virus scanner service from Google/Hispasec

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

Here's the address...C:/Users/AppData/Local/Diagnostics/460911090/2016082421.000/ResultReport.xml

The icon is the Windows Explorer icon on top of a sheet of paper. The size of the file is "Unknown". When I click on "Certificates" there's no response.

I have a Fix-Me-Stick, should I just run that and see if it works?

HP Recommended

Hello,

The file is C:\Users\AppData\Local\Diagnostics\460911090\2016082421.000\ResultReport.xml or something called false 10.0 Clientx643.0  ?

With regards to C:\Users\AppData\Local\Diagnostics\ - it contains the results of any hardware troubleshooting you have carried out. You can leave it just that - you can delete it but there is not much benifit of you doing so.

HP Recommended

Interesting fact. I was not running a diagnostic on anything, I was on a website like ancestry.com when this small gray pop-up box said it was looking at how much space I had on "C:...". I really thought it was looking for space wherever one finds the  "C" prompt; something I haven't used since the 80's.

I am concerned that someone is either monitoring my computer use or is using it as a phantom computer to send spam or cover their tracksIs this a legitimate concern?

HP Recommended

Hi,

I don't think this alone is an indication of malware but we could check it if you want.

- Please, perform scan with ESET Online Scanner >> http://download.eset.com/special/eos/esetonlinescanner_enu.exe  (www.eset.com)

- Scan with HitmanPro from SurfRight/SOPHOS >> http://www.surfright.nl/en/hitmanpro

If they find anything like malware (not tracking cookies), please remove it and let me know details about malware name, location, etc.

- Autoruns log

1. Download Microsoft's Autoruns utility - link here. Please, save it to your Desktop

2. Right click the exe file and run it as Administrator

3. Wait some seconds until you see the log has been ready

4. Click on File -> Save
5. Save the new file to your Desktop - name Autoruns, Save as type (please choose ARN)

6. Upload the ARN file somewhere online (e.g. Dropbox, GDrive, OneDrive...) and provide me link to check it

Looking forward to your update.

HP Recommended

eset offers two (2) antivirus scans; basic with antiphishing scanners and advanced. I did not know which one to pick. I did HitmanPro and it found nothing to worry about. So I guess I can put my concerns behind me. I do wonder why a hardware diagnostics result would pop up without being commanded to run any troubleshooting. Thanks for your help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.