Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Slimline 260 p109
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

the hard drive of my HP Slimline 260 crashed few days ago. i need to replace it but how do I do not to have to pay for a new windows 10 license.

I bought the HP Slimline coming with Windows 10 already installed on it. Since the hard drive is a total lost, I have to buy a new one but I would like to reuse the Windows 10 license that was provided with the Desktop i bought

Any ideas to whom in HP i need to request my windows 10 license from?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your W10 license/product key is in your PC's BIOS.

You do not need it to reinstall W10.

You can reinstall W10 for free on your new hard drive by making bootable installation media using the media creation tool from the link below.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

After W10 has completed installing, you can install the drivers and available software from your PC's support page.

HP Slimline 260-p100 Desktop PC series Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.